There are days when I get so busy that I forget that I really do have a great life. So today I’m going to remind myself of some things I’m thankful for.
1) My health is good. As I get closer to that magic 5-0 I realize that healthy bodies start to become less the majority. I’m grateful for the fact that, at least so far, I’ve been pretty healthy. I work full-time in an industry (the auto industry) that is known to be hard on the body, especially the joints and back. So far, so good.
2) I have a terrific family and wonderful friends. These people have loved me when I haven’t been very loveable, listened when I had something I needed to talk about, and supported my decisions when I wasn’t sure I even believed in myself. What more could a guy ask for?
3) I have the basic life essentials and freedoms. I have a roof over my head, food on the table, clean water and a comfy bed. I can dress as I like, worship as I choose, love who I want and go (mostly) where I please. Millions of people, including many in my own country, do not have all of these things.
4) I live in a wonderful country. I know, we all complain about things in Canada from time to time, but really, this is one of, if not THE, best countries in the world to live in. I love Canada, and cannot imagine living elsewhere.
5) There is peace in my soul. Sure, I have moments when life challenges me and turmoil arises. I’m human, after all. Those moments take some inner strength sometimes; I have to remind myself I can handle them. Once those moments have been resolved, though, I have inner peace, a place for reflection, creativity and love. The spirit is alive!
Have you taken a few minutes to answer the question: ‘What am I grateful for?’